This post is rather a special one because at long last, I have finished my solar powered light! The design has changed many times and its original concept as a Terrarium changed almost immediately when I discovered issues with creating a vessel for a plant that was accessible and water tight. Thus, I changed my designs to it being a night light. I am very happy with this decision as it allowed me to be really creative with my designs and not have so many restrictions.
From my previous digital rendering, you can see the glass form changed again. This is because after my spectacular month in Novy Bor, I asked myself why not try blowing a form. A form which I feel is far more suitable for the Steam-punk Aesthetic I have been working towards.
Overall, I am really satisfied with the final piece. I didn’t expect it to look like this but it really shows a collaboration of my recent experiences with lighting design and glass blowing. It has also inspired me to make more refined versions: now that I understand the technology and have see the final result, I can create more successful pieces and be more adventurous.